Thursday, March 26, 2015

Mom vs Student

Today I had a meeting with the adviser at a college. I am looking to start a med tech program since I will eventually go back to work. When I looked into the program I could never find the time of the classes, but I assumed they were during the day. I was wrong. I was told that they are typically afternoon and evening. This does not work for the girls' school schedules at all. This program is my only option here. So now I have to choose between going back to school or spending time with my kids. I know that it won't scar them if I am not around as much for a few months. However, I would start school right as E deploys which means both parents would be absent at the same time. I would have to find a babysitter to pick up the girls in the afternoon, and then spend the rest of the evening with them. Some classes don't end until 9. It would be 10 before I made it home. I hate this feeling. I feel so torn. There are some days where I wish I could send them away for a day because I have had enough of their shenanigans, but I know that if I was gone every night it would make me sad. I guess it is time for the pros and cons list.

4 comments:

  1. :( I know you will ultimately do what is best! Hugs friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a really hard decision, but timing you starting school with the beginning of a deployment would be rough. I know how much trouble I, myself, have adjusting to deployments. Starting new classes, etc would be a lot on top of that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel your pain! This is an issue I've been battling with myself. I desperately want to go back to school, but I know I'll miss being home so much.
    I hope you find a schedule that works well for you, E, and the girls!!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love your opinion!