Monday, June 30, 2014
Today is supposed to be my closing day on the house. I am not closing on the house, and I am not sure when I will be closing. While I was on vacation I received an email from my realtor stating that the appraiser had been denied access to the house a few times by the seller's agent. He never showed up to unlock the door. My agent had to run out to do it for him which caused the appraisal to be a week late. Then the appraisal came back at less than the sales price. We asked that the seller come down to the appraised price. He took his sweet time deciding (it wasn't a huge chunk of money). We knew that there would need to be repairs done in order for the VA funding to be approved. He decided one week before closing he would accept the appraised price and fix the wood rot for the funding. Now, we can't close until the repairs have been made. I have no clue if he has done it. I am pretty damn frustrated because I want this process to be finished. It has been one large ball of stress that I would like to kick to the curb. My guess is it will be another week before I close. Hopefully someone will let me know.