Monday, March 24, 2014

Precious sleep

Meeghan seems to be going through some sort of sleep regression phase. She does great until about 1 in the morning. The only thing that calms her down is to sit on the couch with the tv on. She isn't particular about what is on, she just likes the it on. I know, I know. Kids her age shouldn't watch tv, but darn it I want to go back to sleep! Usually within 10 minutes she is asleep. Unfortunately that means I am stuck on the couch with her. I used to be able to place her back in the crib without a problem, but lately she wakes up and cries.  And cries and cries. I once spent two hours trying to get her back to sleep in the crib. Last night I tried for an hour before I moved her to the couch. She is very stubborn. So now if she falls asleep on the couch with me, we stay there. The couch reclines on both ends so I can at least stretch out while holding her. I must find a way to break this cycle though. I miss sleeping in my bed.

3 comments:

  1. Ugh. Not fun. I hope she gets back on a better routine soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hugs friend! I hope sleep comes back soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We just went through a bit of a regression last week - with a TWO year old. WHEN do they consistently sleep through the night?
    I hope you are able to get back on track with Meeghan!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love your opinion!