Friday, January 10, 2014

Weekend fun



This weekend E will participate in his first marathon at Walt Disney World. He signed up on a whim which led to me signing up for the Princess Half Marathon. I am pretty excited to get to Orlando tomorrow to experience Disney during a race weekend. They have started a Dopey challenge this year which is running the 5K, 10K, half, and marathon. I think it sounds crazy, but people seem to enjoy it. Hannah and I made signs today to hold up during the race to cheer on the runners. Hannah loves cheering on people during a race. I made a sign for Meeghan that I will tape to the stroller. The only downer to all of this is E developed runner's knee a few weeks ago. The Saturday before Christmas he was scheduled to do a training run of 26 miles. He made it 18 before he had to stop. Since then he has only done a few runs of 2 miles or less, and the knee has bothered him. He is determined to make it even if he has to walk. It is a 16 minute/mile required pace. He is starting in the 5th corral out of 13 or 14 corrals so he shouldn't be swept. His plan is to run until he can't take the pain and then walk as fast as possible. I hope he has rested it enough that he can run most of it without a problem. If all goes well, he wants to the Dopey challenge next year. I told him I would run everything except the marathon with him. If he isn't deployed, we may do it.

3 comments:

  1. You're going to have such a blast. Can't wait to hear all about it.
    I'm planing to run the Dopey in 2015!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is awesome!!! Have a blast!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love your opinion!