Monday, December 2, 2013

I am going home!

Thanks to my dad's generosity (and my mom's according to him) we will be heading to KC for Christmas. It will be nice to see KC at Christmas again. I haven't seen the Plaza lights in a few years as well as Christmas in the Park (a favorite of mine). I am hoping that I can quickly throw a birthday party together for Meeghan so my extended family can meet her. I figured it has been a year it may be time she is introduced to them. I hope it snows just enough so the girls can play in it, but not so much that it ruins plans. Hannah hasn't seen snow since she was 7 months old and she really wants to build a snowman. There is a tiny part of me that is sad we won't be here because we really haven't had a chance to start traditions, but I think it is good for the girls to be around their family. Plus a friend of mine just had a baby and I am dying to meet her. I can get my newborn baby fix without the sleep deprivation that comes with one.

5 comments:

  1. Sounds great! you'll have a wonderful time. I can't imagine not seeing snow every year (for 5 or 6 months!), We just had our first big snow of this year and I took Baby Fraggle out in it. She wasn't particularly impressed Ha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been weird living in areas without real seasons. I don't miss driving in snow, but I miss watching it fall. I know Hannah would love to play in it.

      Delete
  2. YAY!!! I'm so excited you'll be home for the holidays!! How awesome of your parents to help get you back.
    I cannot WAIT to see the Plaza Lights! I always make sure Scott and I take one night, just the two of us, to go see them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! You'll still have plenty of time to start your own traditions. Enjoy your trip back home!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love your opinion!